|The Advanced Filter command on
you use complex criteria to filter an Excel range, but it works
differently from the Excel AutoFilter command in several important
How to implement an advanced filter on your data
- It displays the Advanced Filter dialog box
Custom AutoFilter dialog box.
- You type the complex criteria in a criteria
- Excel uses the separate criteria range in the
Filter dialog box as the source for the complex criteria.
- The Advanced Filter command does not display
lists for the columns as in Autofilter.
- Select the headings of your Excel data and copy
- Paste the headings, leaving 3-4 rows between
the new pasted headings.
- Define your filter criteria under each pasted
demonstrated in the Excel training video below.
- Click inside your data area.
- Click 'Data' from menu bar, select filter and
- Follow the instructions and complete the
as shown in the training video.