to implement currency number
formatting in Excel
- Select the Excel cell(s) you wish to format
- Click on Format in the menu bar, select 'Cells... '.
- In the dialog box that pops up, select Number and
Curreny from Category
- Next to Decimal places choose '2 and under Symbol
$English (United states)
- Under 'Negative Numbers' select the format you want,
generally a positive number
- From the Font select the font face, size, color, wrap
- From the Alignment menu make your choice next
- Now the currency data appears as '########'. Well,
Excel cell width is too small to hold the complete currency data. Just
make the cell a bit bigger as shown in the Excel training video and
everything should be as expected!