Data validation in Excel using named lists can improve
|How to implement data
validation using named
lists in Excel:
- Create a list of names on the Excel worksheet as
- Select the list
- Now click on 'Insert' in the menu bar
- Select Name
- Select 'Define Name..'
- In the 'Define Name' dialogue box under 'Names in
define a name like 'names' for the list
- Then click on 'Data' in the menu bar
- Select 'Validation...'
- In the 'Data Validation' Window under 'Validation
and under 'allow' click on the drop-down arrow and select 'list'.
- Under the source field write '=names'. This is the
defined earlier for the range of selected Excel cells starting with
- Finish by clicking 'OK'
- A drop-down arrow appears on the selected cells under
column heading 'Name'
- Clicking on this arrow shows a list of names from
- This name then fills the cell
- Refer to the Excel training video