||Export data from Outlook to Excel and manipulate
the data according to
your needs and you can then import it back to Outlook. Analyzing data
in Excel imported from the contact folders of Outlook using features
like auto filter, advanced filter, pivot tables, etc can help the user
discover many new things like ideas for email marketing.
The process of exporting data from Microsoft Outlook into an Excel
worksheet involves the following steps:
- Start Microsoft Outlook
- Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select
'Import and Export...'
- Next select 'Export to a file' from the 'Import
and Export wizard' under 'Choose an action to perform'
- In the window 'Export to a file' under 'create
a file of type' select Microsoft Excel
- In the next step under 'folder to export from'
define a file name like 'test.xls' in a folder of your choice. We have,
for example, defined a file name 'test.xls' on the Desktop for
demonstration purposes.Clicking on next indicates in the 'Export to
file' window under 'the following actions will be performed' title
'Export contacts from folder: Contacts'
- At this stage you can
the fileds in Outlook to the fields you wish to display in Excel. These
fields will become 'header fields' in the Excel worksheet
- Click finish to complete the process
- The Excel training video describes the process
in good detail