|In the video on tips
Excel we had demonstrated how to find and format duplicates
Today let's use conditional formatting on our data to highlight
duplicates in a more intuitive manner.
Let's say your club is issuing tickets to its members and wishes to
- Select the data
- Click on 'styles' in the home tab
- Select Condtional formatting
- Select Highlight Cells Rules
- Click on duplicate values
- In the 'duplicate values' window, select duplicate
define the formatting colors by choosing an appropriate color value
from 'values with'
- You can also select a 'custom format..' and proceed
You can remove the formatting by selecting all the cells used in the
formatting procedure, click on the styles drop down arrow, select
'clear rules' and finally 'clear rules from selected cells.