|Importing Excel data into Outlook
can be very
useful. Many a times we receive data from databases or from the
internet and put it into Excel because of its ease of use. We can, of
course, analyze the data, etc. Instead of inputting the data into our
contacts folders of Outlook manually, we can now quickly import the
data into Excel and save time. Once we have our data in an Excel
worksheet we need to do the following to import it into our contacts
folder in Excel:
The Excel training video describes the complete process!
- We select the data and create a 'named' range like
- We start Microsoft Outlook
- Click on 'File' in the menu bar and select the item
- From the new pop up window 'Import and Export wizard'
select 'import from another program r file' and click 'next'
- In the 'import a file' window we select 'Microsoft
and click 'next'
- Then we select our Excel file by clicking on the
- Now we can click 'next' and select out of 3
options like 'do not import duplicate items'
- Then we select the destination folder where we wish
place our data. In our case it is the 'contacts' folder
- After clicking next you can also 'map' your fields to
fields in the destination folder like you could map the 'Title' in your
data to the 'Title' under the 'Name' field in the contacts folder
- Click on finish to complete the process