Using date functions in Excel
||Using date functions in Excel you
projects. Excel can calculate the working days needed to complete a
project using straightforward formulas.
How does Excel recognize dates and the relevant functions and formulas?
- Excel stores dates as serial numbers starting
represents January 1, 1900.
- February 1, 1900 is stored as 32 and so on
- Excel recognizes dates if you enter them as
05-25-2008 or May 25, 2008
- If the #VaLUE! error appears instead of a
check the formatting of the dates entered.
- In case you see a number after using a formula
rather than a date, click on 'format' in the menu bar, select
'cells...' and then 'date' from the dialogue box
Networkdays function calculates the weekdays between two
Workday formula can help the user find the
delivery date of a project.
- The training video shows how to calculate
number of workdays
between two dates in Excel