- Does your website really provide 100% free MS-Excel
- I am using MS-Excel version 2003? Do you have
this version? Yes. The link is on the home page!
- I want to learn advanced MS-Excel? Do you have
advanced Excel training? Yes. In fact everything you don't know is
- I want to learn VBA. Do you have training videos in
Yes. We have training videos in VBA and hundreds of examples of macros
in version 2003 and 2007.
- VBA and VB are not the same, right? Right! But they
I buy your videos? Yes. Each video is priced at $5 or
Rs.250 (Indian Rupees Two Hundred Fifty Only) and you can pay through
paypal or you can pay into our ICICI bank, Greater Kailash-II branch,
E-568, Greater Kailash-II, New Delhi-110048, a/c no.
031101503463, RTGS / NEFT IFSC Code: ICIC0000311, Pay to:
- Do you provide offline training? Yes
- Where do you provide offline training? S-203, Greater
Kailash-2, New Delhi-110048
- What are the timings? Trainings are available 7 days
from 7 a. m. to 11 p. m.
- What is the batch size? Not more than 4 people at a
- What are the charges? Rs.450 per hour
- What is the duration of the basic course? 10 hours
- In how many hours can I learn VBA? About 10 hours.
and how can we contact you? You can call me 7 days a week between 7 to
9 a.m. and between 6 to 9 p. m. (IST) on +91-9810081867
- I want somebody to train the people in my company. Is
possible? Yes Dr. Takyar does the corporate trainings in India.
- I want a specific video on MS-Excel. Can you create
me in Hindi or English? Yes. Charges can be agreed upon.
- Sometimes I have a small question. Can I call you?
can also send the question by email (preferred).
are you giving away all the training videos free
online? Although the online training material is free of cost, we can
pay for the domain name and hosting comfortably by earning through
Google Adsense and affiliate programs of Amazon. If you wish you can
purchase MS-Excel books via Amazon through our website. People from
India: you can use the flipkart.com link below to purchase books and
cash on delivery.
- How can I quickly find something about MS-Excel on
website? Just type your search query in the custom search box at
the top of the home page and follow the relevant links.
- What if I don't find an answer? Email
email@example.com or fill out the form at the top of the
- I don't like programming. Can I still use MS-Excel
- What is the biggest mistake beginners make when
MS-Excel? Not thinking about organizing their inputs properly. It is
better to spend some time thinking about how to organize your data.
INPUT - PROCESS - OUTPUT ! The data analysis becomes easier.
- Why is everybody afraid of Vlookup? Because Vlookup
powerful tool and people start using it without understanding all the
input parameters it needs to function properly.
- What are most people confused about while using
filter'? Criteria Range.
- What is the most powerful thing that I can remember
MS-Excel? Cell address.
you have a mobile website which I can watch on my mobile
to learn MS-Excel? Yes. You can watch interesting videos on MS-Excel by
logging into http://www.youtube.com/familycomputerclub on your mobile
using your wi-fi or 3G.
- How can you help us? You can contribute by
queries or suggestions. If some link on our website is not working
kindly point it out so that we can correct it immediately.
- I find it inconvenient to view your videos online. Download
them as explained.
- I want to learn Excel in Hindi. You can view the Hindi training videos here.
- Where can I buy good books on MS-Excel? The links to MS-Excel books are given on the
home-page. You can
also search for books from India using the flipkart search box given
- Is Excel VBA difficult? No. In the beginning it
- How much time does it take to learn to work
MS-Excel? About a year if you practice at least 2 hours per day. Some
people learn faster.
- Can you tell me about more resources on the Internet
I can learn Excel? We have given some interesting links on our website.
provides great support and learning on their website.
- What is the difference between MS-Excel and
MS-Access is a relational database management system. You can imagine
MS-Access as a collection of tables that can be connected or related to
each other. Each table can be imagined as an Excel worksheet with
header labels and unique data. MS-Excel is used more for data analysis
and calculations. MS-Access is used for data storage and reports.
- MS-Excel has thousands of formulas and functions. How
learn all of them? Why do you need to laern all of them? Learn the ones
you need. As you practice more you'll master most of them.
- I want to create my own program in Excel. You can do
and earn good money. I remember a student who had a thorough knowledge
of power-plants and after his reirement he created a lovely program
which is now being used by many companies. Your knowledge of Microsoft
Excel and expertise in a certain domain can help you to achieve such a
goal. Excel can be used to solve problems in a variety of domains.
- Which tool have you used to create this website? This
website has been created with Kompozer,
a free authoring tool.
- Which screen capture tool do you use? CamStudio,
screen capturing software. I like the paid version Camtasia
better although it costs about $500. I used the trial version to create
many of the videos for
newbies. You can compare the results!
- How can we contact you on facebook or twitter? Facebook.
want to know the learning contents of your advanced MS-Excel training
course without VBA. Course contents are given below:
1) Excel Quick Overview: Use of Excel, its
boundaries & features
2) Data Formatting & Custom settings: Number, Text, Date,
Currency, Custom settings.
3) Data validation: prevent wrong data entry in your specified format.
4) Getting data into an Excel worksheet – manual entry or from other
programs like Notepad and databases.
Conditional Formatting: Once defined, it will automatically change
color of values e.g. up or down, high or low, pass or fail, profit or
6) Filters, Queries & Data Sorting: Drill down your
data to your desired level. Sort data based on your choice e.g. like
North, East, West, South rather than alphabetically.
Writing & Fixing Errors: Financial, Logical, Text, Day and
Statistical, Mathematical etc Sum, Average, Count, Minimum, Maximum,
Absolute, Concatenate, Count, CountA, CountBlank, CountIf, Day, Today,
Even, Exact, Exp, Find, Int, Is Blank, Left, Len, Lower, Upper, Proper,
Now, Power, Rank, Right, Round, Trim etc.
8) If-Then-Else & Nested If commands: Produce different set of
results based on slabs, conditions.
Vlookup / Hlookup: You have large amount of data placed at different
locations & you want to merge it based on common values
10) Graphs & Charts: You will learn how to create,
modify & update graphs / charts like Column, Line, Pie, Bar,
Scatter, 3D etc.
11) Hyper / Data Linking: Hyper & data linking,
within or outside Worksheet / Excel File are important features that
help update data automatically.
12) Grouping - Ungrouping: Sometimes data needs to be grouped for
summarized results & crisp view.
Pivot Tables: Summarize your data as per your desire. You need to
select data in a range & produce consolidated results in user
defined reporting formats.
14) Macro recording, use, editing,
linking: Record, edit & use Macros with little or no
knowledge. Macros are useful for automating tasks in Excel.
15) Creating custom functions for calculating, for example, compound
16) Security & Protection: It will help you protect your cells,
worksheet or an Excel file from unauthorized use.
17) Question and Answers for 'very specific' queries